Friday, April 16, 2010

Bee Day!

The bees are coming in today!!! They were picked up in California yesterday, traveled overnight with the cooler temps, and are ready to go to their homes at noon today. Watson is 90% excited and 10% nervous. He will put them into their hive today - I feel lots of lively photo opportunities coming on.

I did ask if maybe Watson could also play his violin when he gets suited up; it was met with a disgruntled "'No." You know, it might keep the bees calm. Ummmmmm, maybe not.....

4 comments:

  1. I think the idea of a fiddling apiarist sounds great - don't know why this would be a problem??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I want bees...but it seems complicated. Is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Goat Girl - the very dear son-in-law (VDSIL)Watson is doing all of the bee work and my observation is that it has required a good amount of research, but hasn't been too complicated. However, there have already been mishaps, none of the human kind however. I'll add a post explaining....

    ReplyDelete