Friday, July 23, 2010

Back Again

How could it possibly be almost three weeks since I've popped in to say hello? Where, oh where, has the time gone?

Possibly, it has been spent in......cuddling a precious new baby who curls up so trustingly in your arms, cuddling a precious little two-year old who is not quite sure what happened but who's world has been turned a little sideways, hanging laundry, gardening, cooking, doing a bit of 'real' work, and last but not least, making those twice-daily forays down to the barn to once again ask Babette to share her creamy, rich milk. I'll have you know that I have indeed found a bit of time to sleep, albeit, probably not as much as I'd like (I really, really excel at sleeping!)

Our newest little grandbaby was indeed born on July 4th. We made it to the birthing clinic at 6:00 p.m., she was born in the water at 7:02, and all of us were back home by 10:40. The firework displays were filling the skies over our entire route home; it was a beautiful way to celebrate Lexie and Watson's littlest miracle. Little Pumpkin is a lovely baby girl, blond hair, blue eyes, and best of all - a really gentle, calm disposition. Yes, she can, and does, let Mama know when it is time to eat, but the inbetween times are filled with coos and contentment. She appears to have the 'typical' water-born baby attitude towards life.

It has been a wonderful few weeks and I remain basking in contentment myself.....

4 comments:

  1. it's good to see you back again! : )

    love you!
    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. A warm welcome to the new Wild Rabbit baby Emma! I'm just a little envious of your Grannie status - I've just about given up on any of our boys doing the marriage & baby thing. They all reckon they are having too good a time on the party circuit!!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. how's it going? are the goats well? I hear you might be breeding three in the fall? what will you do with all the milk?

    miss your posts : )

    ~ ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know where the time has gone - you are the busiest lady I know, always up to some adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete