Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Shelley

We are all able to look back on our lives, at any moment in time, and see the miracles and how they changed us.

Twenty-nine years ago today, our second baby girl was born; she is one of my miracles. Shelly came out sucking her thumb and was so content to look around and see what her new world was like. She stayed just that way for a long, long time - a happy, smiley little thing.

Today she is a beautiful, graceful young woman, full of kindness and always willing to put herself out to make someone else's day brighter. She is a true joy in all of our lives.

I'm not able to wish her Happy Birthday today because she is off in Thailand enjoying a well-deserved vacation with her husband and friends. I've had to send her birthday wishes on the wisps of the wind and I know that, somehow, she received them.

Happy Birthday sweet girl. I am soooo thankful that you are in our lives! I love you....

1 comment:

  1. "oh wisps of wind"... you are a poet my dear.

    : ) love you!

    ReplyDelete