Friday, June 18, 2010

The Sun Shines

I enjoy the whole process of hanging clothes on the line: handling and snapping the freshly washed laundry, pegging them on the line, and then folding the crispy, clean clothes into the basket. I even like to iron!!!

Normally, I don't use the clothes dryer from about the middle of April until well into October; my being home most of the time allows me to adapt to the weather here and there. However, this year there has been NO adapting. It has rained, rained, and then rained some more.

I know that people think that it rains a lot in Seattle, and it does in the fall and winter months, but the late spring into fall can be unbelieveably dry (and incredibly beautiful). So dry that it is weeks on end between sprinklings of rain. So, today, when the sun is finally out (but is due to be absent again starting tomorrow), I pegged the most important of the 'sun needed' laundry on the line - my kitchen towels, dishcloths, and still in the wash, our Hudson Bay wool blanket needing to be lovingly wrapped and stored for the winter (I sent it once to a dry cleaner as recommended, never again, but that is quite another post.)

And then, I stopped and smelled the roses!



3 comments:

  1. looks like a lovely delightful day! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can smell the air dried towels from here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are dedicated. I used to hang all of our laundry out (5 kids) but now I just don't want to.

    ReplyDelete