Friday, March 12, 2010

In Like a Lion Out Like a Lamb


Today was one of those very exciting, weather-wise, days! There was thundering rain in the morning, a small bit of blue sky (when DD Shelley snuck out to ride both horses), a bouncing hail storm in the afternoon, and this evening - beautiful blue skies with the sun shining between the evergreens. I love the excitement that wild weather brings!


My father was a research meteorologist and I remember many, many times when we would simply watch an impressive thunderstorm roll through from the safety of our covered porch. He was famously good at his work, but most of all I think he simply loved what he did. Isn't it wonderful when people love the work that earns them their living? I am lucky that my very, very dear husband (VVDH), Ralph, is like that. He always arrives home from the office content; I think it has probably made a huge difference in both of our lives over the years.


2 comments:

  1. wow! that's a gorgeous picture. This time of year is indeed a wild one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living memories, so very dear.

    ReplyDelete