Thursday, March 18, 2010

Jury Duty Ends

Finally, I am responsible for my own destiny once again....

The jury summons had come in the mail six weeks ago. At the time, it had seemed far, far away. Then my brother Sam decided to come for a visit and in deciding acceptable dates, we had to work around our goat kidding, his cows calving, and of course, his job - the one that pays for all of those grass-fed beef cows! And so, it ended up that the end of my jury duty week worked great for him, and actually was pretty much the only time that did.

Since I'd never done jury duty before, I decided that Sam's arrival at the end of this week posed no problems. What I did not take into account was that not only was the requirement that I had to possibly go everyday to find out if my services 'might' be needed, but then if I was chosen as a juror, it could extend well into next week or longer. Talk about being just a little bit concerned!

Everything worked out however, and I only had to attend for the first two days. I am now better educated on how it all works and will be better prepared if I ever receive a jury summons again!

Now back to real life - YIPPEE!!!!

1 comment:

  1. yay for you for doing your civic duty! and getting back to life... : )

    ReplyDelete