Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Little Miss Kicky-Feet

Oh - I saw her, this new little grand-daughter to be! She stretched, she wiggled her arms, and busy thing that she already is, her little feet were kicking away! Not being an ultrasound technician, I had to rely sometimes on explanations of exactly what I was seeing, but it truly didn't take away the magic of it all. She is healthy, she is active and she is beautiful!!!

And how priviledged I am that my eldest dear daughter (DD), Lexie, invited me to share in a part of this special event. Her husband, Watson, and sister, Shelley (my other DD), had been at the previous ultrasound and both had come home excited but a little subdued. It's quite an amazing, and humbling, thing when you stop to consider the miracle of new life. Although Miss Kicky-Feet is our soon-to-be littlest family member, I get almost as excited about our goat kids or new wild bunnies out nibbling the grasses along the edge of the woods. And I am so thankful that I get to see it all!

Tomorrow I have a friend coming to spend the day visiting, enjoying lunch, and relaxing while we do some of our hand-work projects. And yes, I AM going to brave that rosemary biscuit recipe once more and see if I can't make them edible this time!

3 comments:

  1. babies are surely little miracles - glad to hear everything is going so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to hearing how the biscuits come out... will you put the recipe up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I will put the recipe up in the next day or so; it's an old one shared by our dear friend, Miss Miriam.

    ReplyDelete