Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brittany Blue

We went to Brittany, France a few years ago, to Rospico, on the ocean. We spent a week in a lovely old farmhouse, beautifully updated, complete with a hand-thatched roof. The house had a small orchard, gardens, pasture, and it was just a short stroll down the lane to the walking path that skirts up and down the coastline. I fell in love with it all.

I also walked away entranced at how an entire geographical area can be in agreement with the color of house trim, including big, beautiful, wooden shutters. I call it 'Brittany blue' - a deep gorgeous blue with just a touch of purple. I don't know how or why, but it works and I love it!

So last week I went on a search. A search for a BIG, O (round), Brittany blue, ceramic pot. It was an adventure, but we finally found IT and it is lovely. Right now IT is filled with three delightfully scented rosemary plants and six white lobelias. They are all young plants but can't you just see the white of the flowers tumbling down that gorgeous blue pot?? You can see what it looks like today, but wait, just wait - in a month from now I know how absolutely lovely it will be!!!
My Brittany blue pot!

2 comments:

  1. that just makes my heart sing... such loveliness in color and form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gorgeous blue of the pot with the rosemary is perfection Emma!

    ReplyDelete