Friday, May 14, 2010

A Perfect Day

It started yesterday, my perfect day, and is just now coming to an end; reality is starting to beckon.

Ralph, the VVDH, came home from work early and we headed to the big city of Seattle. We had an early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, and yes, there was an ending to our meal that included a classic cheesecake with strawberries - yum. Then is was off to the beautiful Paramount Theatre. Have you ever been there? The outside is quite plain, but oh, the inside is sooooo lovely. I always feel quite elegant and delightfully girlie when I am there!

Months ago we had bought the tickets and this was the night: "Celtic Woman, Songs from the Heart"!!!! My hands clapped, my feet tapped and my heart sang. I always get these feelings that I might, just might, be able to sing and dance beautifully one day. So far, that day is still looming far, far away on the horizon. But I was truly inspired and had a REALLY wonderful time.

And then my perfect day continued (after a blissful night's sleep). Today was sunny with barely a cloud in the sky. Ralph and I enjoyed a 4 1/2 mile hike in the Redmond watershed, and then ate a delicious lunch that I had packed before we left. I love being in the woods; it's my very happy place and I love to have the people I care about share it with me.

Afterwards, it was off to Flower World, and, yep, you guessed it, the purchase of the summer annuals. Fortunately, I keep a very large perennial garden, but I can't resist having additional pots brimming with lots of summer flowers. I'll be cursing myself just a little in the next week as I try to squeeze in time for all of the pot planting, but I'll be happy once it is all done and there are colors bursting about here and there!

And to end my perfect 24 hours - my sweetie bought be a Starbucks espresso frappuccino!

It's a wonderful life I have ;-))

2 comments:

  1. Some days are diamonds Emma & your lovely day sounds exactly like that!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like a truly delightful day! : ) wow! : ) how joyful! : )

    ReplyDelete