Friday, May 7, 2010

Which would YOU prefer?


The sweet, beautiful child who lives with us, Peanut, has just started potty training as of yesterday; he's almost 2 1/2 years old and Mama Lexie, who is expecting his little sister in July, is thinking that two in diapers would be one too many, thus we have reached 'serious' potty training time.


And by serious, we mean that all the tricks of the trade have been pulled out: favorite books in the bathroom, special little cars (why do boys, even the very littlest of boys, like mechanical objects so very much?), special candies....WHAT, did I just say candies?!? Yup, I did. Peanut's Mama carefully watches what he eats which means that he rarely gets sweets unless it's associated with a fruit of some sort. So candy is a really, really, really HUGE deal.


Everything went well yesterday, Day 1; there were several admirable successes and many commendable attempts. Then last night, Peanut looked hard at his candies (he gets only six for a potty success), and considered, "Mama, I would like the big m & m's, not the little ones." Now seriously, don't you agree with him? After all, he's working pretty hard!
So today, there are big m & m's available for Peanut's efforts, and I must say, I believe it might be making a difference....

2 comments:

  1. I would want the big ones, too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture, it makes me happy!!! : )

    ReplyDelete