Monday, May 24, 2010

Distractions

I need to get some 'real' work done. Since Lexie has company over, that means taking the laptop from the study to upstairs, and working on a table in my bedroom. I thought that wouldn't be a problem since we are wireless here in the house. I failed to consider something however.

The laptop works great and I am all ready to start working. First however, I must make the bed and fluff all of the pillows. Then I need to do a quick dust and straightening and freshen the water in the vase with fresh flowers. Next I see a needlework project that is 'almost' done, it just needs a little more work. And so it continues....

Life's wonderful distractions win out over working, at least for the moment. I must, I really must, get back to work, but oh look there - a lovely book I've been meaning to start reading.

2 comments:

  1. perhaps they are not distractions, but rather... enjoyments... at least... that's what I would tell myself. : ) however, I don't think I could work from home, I don't have the focus for it. The dogs would say hello, chores would call, a book that I could read JUST a couple pages before starting... yes, I see what you mean now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it easy to always find something a lot more fun than work? Now why is that? ;-)

    ReplyDelete