Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Flying By

Today is Watson's birthday - Happy 31st Birthday Watson!

Today is also the 30th anniversary of the eruption of Mt. Saint Helens. I've been wondering if the two events are related; I'm sure Watson was starting to cruise around at about that same time.


We made soap last week, lots of soap, nine pounds to be exact. I forgot to cut it last Saturday but I finally remembered late last night, and after finishing a large piece of editing work, I was able to put it into it's cutting form and take care of it. Strange - one of the blocks is dark in the middle of the cut soap bars. Normally this is a beautiful creamy yellow soap. I feel some internet research coming on.



I also need to complete a small embroidery project, a shadow work collar for a little romper. I can hardly believe our new little grandbaby will be here in just a few more short weeks. Not to mention the summer flowers that still need potting. Though, as I look outside with rain falling in sheets I know I couldn't possibly go work in THAT, so maybe I should just pick up a book and read? Time is flying by....

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely embroidery peice! love it!

    ReplyDelete